Here are our rankings of the best guns in Fortnite: Save the World. This list can help you decide which weapons to choose in case the Loot Llama Gods are giving you a tough choice. All these weapons are fantastic though, when used properly.
Last updated: October 30, 2018.
Best Assault Rifles:
Assault Rifles: Assault Rifles are great for Soldiers. But, almost every class can benefit from having one. Some folks do not like Semi-Automatic Rifles – where you have to pull the trigger for each shot. Burst weapons will fire a short burst of shots with each trigger press. Please take this into account if you prefer Fully Automatic Rifles. Click here to see a more detailed breakdown of our Ranked Assault Rifles.
- Siegebreaker– Fully Automatic Rifle – Fantastic all-around weapon and hits hard
- Hunter Killer – Semi-Automatic Rifle – Another great all-around Rifle, but it’s not auto
- Super Shredder – Sniper/Shotgun hybrid – Incredible damage from near and far.
- Razorblade – Burst Rifle – Tight Bursts, Good Damage, but eats up ammo quickly
- Nocturno – Fully Automatic Rifle – A Lovely Full Automatic Weapon
- Tiger – Sniper Rifle – Engage zombies from a great distance
- Deathstalker – Burst Rifle – Hits hard at a good distance
- Vindertech Pulsar – Energy Burst Rifle – Decent firing rate and Great against Husks
- Dragon’s Roar – Semi-Automatic Rifle – Penetrates enemies & sets them on fire
- Typewriter – SMG Rifle – Good Magazine Size and Good Damage
- Hydra – Hydraulic Rifle – Hybrid Rifle/Shotgun – Great damage, but slow firing rate
- Rat King – Semi-Automatic Slug Gun – Similar to the Hydra.
- Silenced Specter – SMG Rifle – Great Crit Chance and Crit Damage
- Buzzcut – Semi-Automatic Rifle – Needs great aim for headshot damage
- Founder’s Drumroll – LMG Rifle – High Damage, Large Magazine Size, Inaccurate
- Hacksaw – LMG Rifle – Hits pretty well for an LMG
- Bobcat – SMG Rifle – Great Crit Chance and Crit Damage
- Grave Digger – Fully Automatic Rifle – Good Firing Rate and Large Magazine size
- Wraith – Fully Automatic Rifle – Better in Controlled Burst, and need Headshots.
- Lynx – Burst Rifle – Slow Burst Weapon, Good Accuracy and Damage
- Mercury – LMG Rifle – Neon A.R. with Good Firing Rate and Magazine Size, Inaccurate
- Hammercrush – Single Shot Rifle – Fires Slugs with High Damage, Slow
- One Shot – Bolt-Action – Powerful, Shots Penetrate, Heavy Ammo, Slow
- Nailer – Hydraulic Nail Gun – Slow firing, but Great Impact & Good Magazine size
Shotguns are great for Raiders, as well as other classes.
- Tigerjaw – Auto Shotgun – Fantastic & Well-Rounded, but burns through ammo quickly
- Room Sweeper – Automatic Shotgun – Great for Mob Clearing, but burns up ammo
- Thunderbolt – Break Action Shotgun – Great AOE for Mob Clearing Husks
- Longarm Enforcer – Tactical Shotgun – Good range, and great Multi Target DPS
- Husk Buster – Semi-Automatic Shotgun – Nice Medium Range Shotgun
- Old Smokey – Double Barrel Shotgun – Great for Mob Clearing Husks
- Vindertech Disintegrator – Plasma Shotgun – Great for Mob Clear and Good Range
- Dragoon – Flintlock Shotgun – Huge Damage, but Slow to Reload
- Backbreaker – Semi-Auto Shotgun – Up Close Shotgun with a Good Reload Speed
- Stampede – Semi-Automatic Shotgun – High Damage at Short Range
- The Bear – Pump-Action Shotgun – Average Range, Capacity and Damage
- Maverick – Double Barrel Shotgun – Two Shot Shotgun
- Helium – Neon Shotgun – Great for Crit-Heavy Heroes like Raiders
- Ground Pounder – Semi-Automatic Shotgun – Rate of Fire is very good, and nice range
- Enforcer – Heavy Tactical Shotgun – Fast Semi Automatic
- Founders Deconstructor – Tactical Shotgun – Accurate and Powerful, but slow
- Nightclaw – Precision Tactical Shotgun – High Damage and high firing rate
Pistols are great for the Ranger Class as the Ranger Buffs Pistols.
- Founder’s Revolt – Semi-Automatic Pistol – Rapid Firing Pistol with Decent Damage and Accuracy
- Dragon’s Breath – Dragon Pistol – a Shotgun/Pistol – Smasher Killer! Huge Hits!
- Bolt Bolt – High Impact and Penetration, but bad recoil. Blaster Killer!
- Bald Eagle – Semi-Auto Handcannon – High Damage and Knockback
- Viper – Automatic Pistol – Well Rounded Pistol
- Thrasher – Automatic Pistol – High Damage and Quick Reload
- Haywire Storm – Semi-Automatic Pistol – Great Firing Rate, and large Ammo Capacity
- Whisper .45 – Semi-Automatic Pistol with Silencer – High Base Damage & Crit Chance
- Jackal – Semi-Automatic Pistol
- Monsoon – Automatic Pistol – High Rate of Fire, Inaccurate and gobbles up ammo
- Judge – Semi-Auto Handcannon
Best Explosive Weapons
- Bazooka – Long Range Rocket Launcher with great AOE damage, Low Durability
- Dam Buster – Hydraulic Rocket Launcher with Concussive Shockwave
- Noble Launcher – Neon Rocket Launcher, Deals Energy Damage
- Bowler – Fires a long-range, bouncing cannon ball that does knockback. Fun to use
Best Melee Weapons
Constructors, Ninja’s and Outlanders can increase the melee damage from a variety of Melee weapons. These are some of our favorites:
- Reaper Scythe – Great End Game Weapon
- Stormblade – Sword – A nice elemental blade for many heroes
- Doomhammer – Hammer – Slow hitting, but a powerful knockback
- Neon Scythe – A quick, popular weapon with good dps, and cool looking to boot
- Husk Stomper – Hammer – Good for Constructers, great for stunning
- Huskcleaver – Sword- Good for Ninjas, good raw damage
- Founder’s Blazing Masamume – Sword – Fast & Deals Fire Damage
- Whirling Doom – Spear – Slow, but good damage and some knockback
- Slice n’ Dice – Sword – Fast and Good Damage, but little knockback
- Stabsworth the III – Sword – Slower attack speed, but good DPS