Hey, fellow gamers! I have been playing Golf+ VR on the Quest 2 for over a year now, and it’s great for the winter blues. It’s like stepping into a whole new world of golf without leaving my house. Here’s the lowdown on this virtual golfing adventure that’s been keeping me glued to my VR headset.
I live in the Midwest and I golf in real life about twice per week from April to October. November really becomes video game season for me, as most courses shut down around here. So when I get a hankering for golf, I turn to GOLF+ within the warmth of my house.
Graphics that Pop: Okay, first things first – the graphics are fantastic! It’s like they took a real golf course, slapped it into my VR headset, and voila! The attention to detail is insane, making it feel like I’m actually golfing in the great outdoors. The trees, the ponds, the clubhouses, and the babbling brooks all look phenomenal.
Swingin’ Like a Pro: Now, let’s talk about the gameplay. You grab those VR controllers, and it’s like you’re holding a legit golf club inside the headset. And you can actually make the club do what you want within the game. Want to open up your wedge to flop a shot on the green? You can do that. Want to bump and run an 8 iron 35 yards across the green. Well you can play the ball in the back of your stance, close the club face, and play that shot! It’s crazy how well it all works!
Courses Galore!: Golf+ VR isn’t messing around when it comes to courses either. You get 3 courses with the base game. Alpine, Castle Hill and Links. I believe these were all designed by the Golf+ staff. But then you can get real courses as DLC addons. Here are the courses available at the time I write this article.
- Valhalla – free with sign up online.
- The Old Course at St Andrews Links
- The Riviera Country Club
- Kapalua Plantation Course
- East Lake Golf Club
- Olympia Fields Country Club
- TPC Southwind
- Yale Golf Course
- TPC Sawgrass
- TPC Scottsdale
- Pinehurst No. 2
- Pebble Beach Golf Links
- Wolf Creek – A course I have actually played in real life, with a slope of 154 from the back tees! No, I didn’t play the tips. 😉
Courses cost about $10-$15 each. That’s like the price of 1-2 beers at the clubhouse on the 19th hole IRL.
Chillin’ with Friends: What’s cooler than playing golf by yourself? Playing with your buddies, of course! Golf+ VR lets you join your friends for a round. It’s like a virtual hangout on the green. We chat, laugh, and sometimes wrassle gators. The voice features make it feel like we’re all together, even if we’re miles apart.
Real Equipment!: Golf+ VR allows you to use clubs and balls from: TaylorMade, Odyssey, Callaway, and PXG. You could actually use a Driver inside the game that you might own in real life. Or test out putters to see which fit your eye the best. You might be surprised and find a great club for your next outdoor round. Like most games, you unlock more and more gear by earning XP through playing Golf+.
In a Nutshell: Golf+ VR is legit. Whether you’re a golf wizard or a total noob, you’ll dig it. The graphics make you feel like you’re in a golf paradise, the gameplay is easy to pick up, and you can play with your buddies. It’s a rad way to experience golf without leaving your room. So, if you’re into virtual adventures that involve swinging clubs and sinking putts, Golf+ VR is your jam.
- You can add a real golf grip to your controller to give the game a more realistic feel. The Deadeye Golf Club Handle on Amazon works great for Walkabout Mini Golf and Golf+. There are also other great club attachments on Amazon and Etsy. It’s nice to be able to put your off-hand onto a grip while playing.
- You can get a pretty decent workout while playing a full round. It’s nice to keep your upper body golf muscles in shape during the off-season.
- The DLC courses are sooo fun to play! Personally, I love Pebble Beach, Wolf Creek, and the TPC courses.
- If you enjoy going to Top Golf, Top Golf Las Vegas is actually built into the game as well!
- I get motion sickness in VR pretty easily in movement type games. I do not get dizziness at all while playing Golf+ on my Meta Quest 2.
- Here’s a referral code to save 25% Golf+ on the Meta Quest for you. 😉