Main
Main Page
Message Board
Interviews
Who'd Play Who?

Trading Card Game
Scores CCG Section
Bandai Card of the Day
Old Killer Decks
Tips & Strategies
IQ's Crew
CCG Spoilers

Episode Summaries
U.S. Dubbed DBZ
U.S. Dubbed DB
U.S. Dubbed DBGT
Jap. Fansub DB
Jap. Fansub DBZ
Jap. Fansub DBGT
Movies

By Fans
DBZ Editorials
Episode Summaries
Manga Reviews
DBZ Song Parodies
Fan Fiction
Time Travel
Theory
Voice Overs
What If...?

Information
Adventure History
Akira Toriyama
Attack List
Before Dragon Ball
Biographies
Character Appearances
Character Deaths
Daizenshyu Guide
DB Summary
DBZ Summary
DBGT Summary
Dialogue Scripts
Dragon Balls
Dragon Ball GT Info
Dragon Ball Mix-Ups
Dragon Ball Time Line
Dragon Ball Wishes
Dragon Ball World Guide
Every Single Fight
Final Battle!
Jap. Game Reviews
Growing Up
Guides
Important Numbers
Item Guide
Japanese Lessons
King Kamehameha
Lyrics
Merchandise Guide
Movie Reviews
Name Puns
Name Translations
Newbie Guide
Power Levels
Relation Charts
Red Ribbon Army Ranks
Room of Spirit and Time
Saiya-jin Forms
Special Attacks
Tenkaichi Budoukai Info
Training Locations
Voice Actors

Multimedia
Daizenshyu Scans
Final Bout Scans

Video Games
Game Reviews
DBZ Sagas Walkthrough

Fan Fiction

Dragon Ball:

Chaotic Future

 

CHAPTER 10

 

Mylember Saga, Part VI

“Earth.”

 

Galdria was in flames.

 

            Zellis floated in a dark void, mute with terror as she looked down upon her burning home world, trying her hardest to block out the cries of agony and fear that filtered through the emptiness to reach her ears.  The air around the young noblewoman became excruciatingly hot, causing her to gasp in pain as each breath she took filled her lungs with fire.  She opened her mouth, trying to scream for help, wishing that someone would rescue her from this agony, but the words refused to come.

            What is happening?! she screamed in her own mind.  This can’t be real!  As Zellis stared uncomprehendingly at her dying planet, the void around her shifted, placing her in the middle of Galdria’s inferno.  She shrunk back from the flames, fearing for her life as the imperial palace burned around her.  Miura! she silently screamed.  Anyone, please help me!  Suddenly, the flames abruptly vanished, leaving the green-eyed Galdrian alone in the ruins of the palace.  Again, the scene around her shifted, and she gasped in terror at her new surroundings.

            As far as the eye could see, Zellis was surrounded by cold, blue sand.  In the distance, ruins of some kind could be seen, but no signs of life were evident.  The air was cold, as if the sun itself loathed this inhospitable place, and Zellis looked up to where a large, lush planet hovered in the void of space.

            So this is a moon, she thought.  But what planet is that?  Before Zellis had a chance to study the blue and green orb in the sky, the ground around her began to shudder, causing the young Galdrian to fall to her knees.  Large spikes and columns of earth burst up from the ground around her, filling the air with dust and debris.  Suddenly, a blood-chilling laugh echoed around the noblewoman, who now had tears of panic running down her pale cheeks.

            “WEAK AND FOOLISH GALDRIAN,” a dark voice boomed around her.  “HEAR MY VOICE AND KNOW FEAR, FOR I AM TO YOU WHAT YOU YOURSELF ARE TO THE INSECTS.”  Zellis cowered on the ground, covering her ears in vain, as the sinister voice was present in her mind as well.  “YOU AND YOUR ALLIES WILL FALL BEFORE ME, AND YOUR WORLD WILL BE A LIFELESS ROCK BEFORE MY LUST FOR DESTRUCTION IS FULFILLED.

            The voice was replaced by low, guttural laugh that tore through the very fabric of Zellis’s body.  Blood flowed freely from the girl’s ears, and her heart began to beat irregularly.  She gasped in pain as pressure surrounded her brain, feeling like nothing so much as a great hand, crushing her mind in its fiery grasp as the world around her shattered like glass…

________________________________________________________________________

 

Zellis screamed.

 

            Miura flew out of his small bunk and dashed through the doorway, Hanzo right behind him.  The two Saiyans burst into the tiny chamber shared by Zellis and Rika, their eyes scanning the room for any sign of danger.  Rika held the trembling noblewoman in her arms, her face pale from fear.  Zellis continued to scream until Miura knelt beside her and took her hand into his own.

            “Z,” Miura whispered as his adopted-sister’s cries finally ceased.  “What’s going on?” he asked, turning his attention to Rika.  The human girl shrugged, obviously as confused as Miura.  Hanzo, still unconvinced that the four of them were safe, took up a position in front of the door, determined to let nothing in or out of the room until the situation was resolved.

            Slowly, feeling as if the room around her was spinning, Zellis sat up, rubbing her temples.  “I’m sorry,” she said sheepishly.  “It… It was just a nightmare, that’s all.”  Miura looked into her green eyes, and she knew that he would never believe her.  “Miura, I swear, I’m fine.”  Zellis stood to her feet, straightening her bedding as she prepared to go back to sleep.  “We should all get back to sleep,” she said with a small smile, running a hand through her lengthening, dark green hair.  “We’ll reach Earth in a couple of days, so we should be ready.”

            Miura exchanged worried glances with Rika and Hanzo before nodding.  “Alright, Z,” he said.  “But if you need anything, I’m right across the hall.”  She flashed him a reassuring smile before rolling over, hoping that she’d be able to sleep for the rest of the night.

            Miura and Hanzo exited the chamber and Rika returned to her bunk, but not before casting a questioning look at Zellis.  “Are you sure everything’s okay?” the brown-haired earthling asked, her voice full of concern.  But no answer was forthcoming, and Rika, assuming that Zellis had fallen fast asleep, turned out the light.

            But sleep never came for the young Galdrian, and every time she closed her eyes, the echo of her nightmare was relived.

________________________________________________________________________

 

The four companions watched the radar silently.

 

            For the last two days, an unidentified ship had been following them, moving closer each hour.  Miura had attempted to open communications with the mysterious craft, but no response was given.  The small cruiser that Miura and his allies had chosen for their journey wasn’t meant for battle, and what few weapons it possessed were fairly weak.  Though the approaching spacecraft showed no signs of hostility, its presence still put everyone on edge, even though their destination was now before them.

            Earth was beautiful, even to Miura and Zellis’s eyes, which were accustomed to the splendor of Galdria.  Lush and green, covered with clear blue oceans, the planet below them appeared to be a paradise.  Unlike most planets with an intelligent race, Earth wasn’t riddled with space ports, and the dark void around Miura’s small ship was filled only with bright stars.  The half-Saiyan cast a final glance at the radar as they entered the atmosphere, feeling relieved as the unknown spacecraft that had been following them changed its course slightly.

            “I never thought I’d be so happy to be back,” Rika said with a sigh of relief.  “All my life, I wondered what it would be like to go into space, you know.  To see different planets, meet all kinds of interesting people…”  She shrugged, smiling at her three companions.  “But once we got to Galdria, and all of the trouble started with Galian, well…  I guess I just never really thought I’d see home again.”

            Miura nodded, knowing exactly what Rika meant.  He had felt the same way several months earlier.  Has it really been almost a year? he thought, remembering everything that he and his friends had endured since the Gelnika disaster.  His first sight of Galdria, after nearly being killed on multiple occasions, had brought him to tears.  “I understand,” he said, putting his hand on Rika’s shoulder as her eyes glistened.

            The ship set down in a small clearing, several miles south of a large city that the foursome had seen from the air.  Rika said that it was called West City, and that it was where she had lived for the last several years.  Her former employer, Capsule Corporation, was the leading developer of technology on Earth, and it was there that Rika hoped to find some information regarding the Dragon Balls. 

            As the four warriors exited the ship, a strange stillness filled the air around them.  Miura and Hanzo instantly assumed fighting stances, knowing that what they felt was the slight change in air pressure that preceded the discharge of energy.  They didn’t have long to wait.

            A blinding bolt of red ki tore through the air, heading straight for the two brothers.  Zellis and Rika were stunned, neither of them able to move as the powerful attack collided with their companions, causing the ground beneath their feet to shudder violently. The two young women shielded their eyes from the flash of light, struggling to remain on their feet as a tremendous power, strangely familiar to Zellis, began to make its way steadily toward them.

            “My dear lady,” a menacing voice whispered.  “How glad I am to see you once again.”  Zellis’s eyes were filled with tears as she struggled to see through the blinding light from the explosion of energy.  “Our last encounter was cut short unfortunately,” the strange voice continued, striking Zellis as uncannily familiar.  “I was about to come down to Galdria and finish the lot of you, but as I was preparing to do so, you all left!  Imagine that,” the stranger continued.  “So I figured I’d follow you for awhile, just to see what you were up to.  I must say, you took an awfully long trip for nothing… Earth is a waste of everyone’s time…”  Suddenly she had it.

            “Mylember!” she gasped in amazement.  As if on cue, the bright glow of energy died down, revealing a short, slim figure clad in dark crimson and grey clothing.  His long grey and silver hair hung freely over his shoulders and down his back, and his pale, icy-blue eyes were filled with malice.  Mylember stood confidently, arms crossed over his chest, as he let his unexpected appearance sink in. 

            Unsure of what exactly was happening, Rika glanced to the spot where Miura and Hanzo had been standing.  No sign of the two Saiyans remained, and the human warrior momentarily wondered if they had been vaporized.  Her attention was once again drawn to the powerful Hevan lord as he uncrossed his arms and made his way slowly toward the two stunned girls.  His advance was halted, however, when two beams of golden-yellow energy sped down upon the renegade Hevan from the sky above.

            Mylember calmly looked up, rolling his eyes in exasperation.  With barely a wave of his hand, both attacks instantly dissipated.  Miura and Hanzo, however, were not finished yet.  Both warriors, bodies engulfed in Super Saiyan power, seemingly materialized before Mylember, and the battle was on.

            The three warriors were a blur as they sped across the open field, filling the air with the sounds of combat.  Miura and Hanzo struggled in vain against the Hevan, who appeared to be even more powerful than he was during their last encounter.  Every punch was dodged, every kick was blocked, and every feint was anticipated as Mylember easily went blow for blow against his two Super Saiyan opponents.  Miura could feel the evil Hevan’s power increasing with every second that the battle raged on, while his own power, and that of his half-brother, weakened.  Finally, without warning, Mylember took the offensive.

            The movements of the Hevan lord were too fast to be seen, even by Hanzo’s experienced, Super Saiyan eye.  The crushing kick to the ribs was felt before the black-clad Saiyan could put up even the most basic defense.  As Hanzo was sent reeling back, Miura attempted to catch Mylember off guard, to no avail.  Miura’s punch hadn’t even been fully extended when Mylember appeared behind him, catching the Galdrian heir in a powerful head-lock.  The half-Saiyan’s golden aura vanished instantly as pain shot through his exhausted body.

            Hanzo slid to a stop, clutching his ribs with one arm as he  prepared himself for Mylember’s next move.  But none came, and Hanzo clenched his teeth in rage as he watched the Hevan begin choking the life out of his younger brother.

________________________________________________________________________

 

Zellis watched in horror as Mylember made short work of the two Super Saiyans. 

 

            A quick glance at Rika told her that the human warrior was just as afraid, though both of them stood with fists clenched, debating whether or not to get involved in this battle, which was being fought between powers much greater than either of them could muster.

            “Z,” Rika whispered, her body trembling with fear.  “We have to do something.  We have to—”  She was cut off by a loud rushing sound, and a sudden gust of wind that tore through the clearing.  Suddenly a new power level, even greater than Mylember’s, could be felt as it flew through the air toward the three combatants.

            Hanzo cried out in amazement as he was blown back several feet, along with his brother and Mylember, and an incredible power landed between the three of them.  Bright golden energy emanated from a young boy who appeared to be Miura’s age, and as the light died down, the mysterious figure was more easily seen.

            Long, light purple hair that hung down to his shoulders was the newcomer’s most prominent feature.  His eyes were bright shade of teal, and they seemed to be full of anger at the moment.  The young warrior wore simple clothing:  a sleeveless, skin tight black shirt, dark grey pants, and pale yellow boots.  He was very well built, muscular but not bulky, and he emanated a fearsome amount of power.  The strange purple-haired warrior smiled, but there was no humor in it.

            “Who are you, and what are you doing on my planet?” he asked, his voice powerful and commanding.  Hanzo, Miura, and even Mylember himself remained silent, amazed as they were by this young man’s power.  “I’ll ask you again,” he said, narrowing his eyes as he looked at the three combatants one at a time.  It was Mylember who finally spoke.

            “Be gone, wretched human,” the Hevan lord shouted, crossing his arms confidently over his chest.  “I have no quarrel with you, for the moment anyway.”  He narrowed his pale blue eyes at the purple-haired fighter, a smug smile stretching across his face.  “Though you may be better sport than these two pathetic excuses for warriors.”

            “Hey, you,” the young man said, pointedly ignoring Mylember as he turned his attention to Hanzo, who was still powered up to his Super Saiyan state.  “You’re a Saiyan, aren’t you?” he asked, his voice filled with curiosity.

            “That’s right,” Hanzo responded, feeling his Saiyan pride take over.  “As a matter of fact, my brother over there,” he waved his hand toward Miura, “and I are the last two Saiyans alive.”  He flashed a cocky grin at the mysterious newcomer, who remained unimpressed.  “And he shouldn’t even count,” Hanzo continued, once again gesturing toward his half-brother.  “He’s a nothing but a half-breed, but me?  I’m the real deal.”

            “Is that so?” the stranger asked, flashing Hanzo a smug grin of his own.  Suddenly the ground around the young purple-haired warrior began to shake, and transparent bolts of golden lightning started to course around him.  A nimbus of yellow-gold ki sprung up, surrounding the warrior and bathing him in an eerie light.  He clenched his fists and, without even a scream of exertion, transformed into a Super Saiyan.

            Miura shot a disbelieving look at his brother, who appeared to be enraptured with the young man’s performance.  The Galdrian heir then turned his attention to Mylember, who looked on with undisguised wrath in his eyes.  Zellis and Rika, who remained near the ship, couldn’t believe what they were seeing, or feeling for that matter, for the young warrior’s power was beyond belief.

            Seeing everyone’s expressions of shock, the purple-haired stranger laughed.  “This is nothing,” he said.  “I can show you something better than this.”  He spread his legs beneath him for extra support, calling upon even more energy from his vast well of power.  His golden aura flared madly around him, and his muscles began to quiver with exertion.  Suddenly, the strange young warrior’s body nearly doubled in mass, and the muscles of his arms bulked up to incredible proportions.  The spikes of his golden hair became even more pronounced, and the ground around him shattered into a cloud of earth and dust.

            “So,” he said, his voice sounding strained.  “What do you think?”  Slowly the massive power died down, and the young man’s body returned to normal.  Running a hand through his long purple hair, the mysterious stranger grinned.  “I call that one ‘Ascended Saiyan.’”  A look of confusion crossed the young man’s face as he looked around momentarily.  “What happened to your friend?”

            “What?” Miura asked in amazement, noticing for the first time that Mylember was nowhere to be seen.  Zellis and Rika came running over as Miura continued to scan the area for any sign of the Hevan’s presence.  “Hanzo did you—”

            “No, I didn’t see a thing,” the older Saiyan snapped, cutting his brother off.  “He must have escaped during your little light show,” he growled, turning to face the purple-haired youth.  I can’t believe it! Hanzo thought to himself.  Another damned Saiyan, and he’s so strong!  How can this be!  “Way to go, boy,” he muttered, turning his back on the mysterious youth.

            “My name is Trunks,” the young man said, glaring slightly at Hanzo.  “Don’t call me ‘boy,’ got it?”  Hanzo was smart enough not to argue, so he simply nodded.  “And I’m going to ask you again,” Trunks continued.  “What the hell are you doing on my planet?”

________________________________________________________________________

 

Trunks remained silent as Miura finished his tale.

 

            “So that’s it,” the half-Galdrian said, leaning back in his seat.  The four travelers from Galdria, along with Trunks, had returned to the small space cruiser, where they had spent the last couple of hours relating the purpose of their mission to the purple-haired Saiyan.  “We really meant no harm,” Miura said quietly.  “If I’d have known that the ship following us was Mylember’s I’d have never even landed here.”  He frowned and looked down into his empty cup, smiling at Zellis as she refilled it with a hot, coffee-like Galdrian drink.  “I didn’t mean to let that maniac loose on another world.”

            Trunks shrugged and took a sip of his hot drink.  “I’m not too worried about it, to be honest.  I’ve faced worse than him, I can promise you that.”  He leaned back in his chair, propping his feet up on the table.  “Besides,” he said with a smirk.  “He seemed more than willing to run away when I showed up.”

            Zellis nodded agreement.  “To think,” she said.  “Another Saiyan, and here on Earth!”  She shook her head in disbelief.  “What are the chances, huh?”

            “So Clef wasn’t just bluffing after all,” Hanzo said quietly.  When everyone around the table indicated that they didn’t understand, he continued.  “When I fought with Clef on the Gelnika, he told me that there might be a colony of Saiyans here on Earth.”  He took a long, deep drink, completely draining the contents of his glass.  “I thought, at the time, that he was just stalling.  So,” he said, staring Trunks directly in the eyes, “how many of you are there?”  Trunks remained silent, and it was Rika who answered.

            “Just him,” she said, casting a sidelong glance at Trunks.  “Right?”  When the young warrior nodded, the brown-haired girl continued.  “When I was a kid, and the androids were on their rampage, I remember hearing about the warriors that fought against them.  Warriors whose hair changed from black to yellow…”  Noticing the slight look of pain in Trunks’s eyes, Rika stopped for a moment.  “I’m sorry,” she said, blushing.

            “No,” Trunks reassured her.  “It’s fine.  Rika’s right, though,” he said with a frown.  “The others were all killed a long time ago…  Including my father, and my best friend Gohan.”  Trunks stood to his feet and stretched before speaking again.  “As far as the Dragon Balls are concerned…”

            “What,” Miura asked quickly, fearing that his hopes may have been in vain.  “What about the Dragon Balls, Trunks?”  Zellis placed a comforting hand on her brother’s arm, sensing his distress.

            Trunks looked long and hard at the half-Saiyan before answering.  “They’re gone, Miura.  The Dragon Balls are gone.”

________________________________________________________________________

 

The Capsule Corporation Head Quarters was enormous.

 

            The large, dome-shaped yellow building sat amidst the sprawling metropolis of West City, one of the largest settlements on Earth.  According to Trunks, the city, along with most of the planet, had been laid to waste some four years earlier.  Looking around, it was hard for Miura and his allies to believe that, for it seemed to them that the city and its people had managed to restore nearly all of the damage that had been done, though some wrecked buildings and construction sites could still be seen around the city.  If Trunks was to be believed, most of the planet was still suffering from the terror caused by the duo of androids, and now that West City, the unofficial “new capital” of Earth, was rebuilt it was time to focus on the rest of the planet.

            Miura, Hanzo, Zellis, and Rika had agreed to accompany Trunks back to his home, where he had introduced them to his mother, an attractive woman named Bulma.  Trunks resembled his mother, especially the eyes, which were the same shade of teal.  While in her early fifties, Bulma was still beautiful with stunning blue hair and a fit body, and Miura was impressed to think of how amazing she must have looked in the prime of her youth.  On Galdria, a woman Bulma’s age would still look very young, but the people of Earth aged quickly, as Dorian had once said.

            Hanzo, Zellis, and Rika sat upon a low couch in what appeared to be Bulma’s personal quarters, while Miura and Trunks had opted to stand, Trunks behind his mother’s chair and Miura against the far wall.  The blue-haired woman was finishing her story, of how her friends and husband had been killed during the struggle with two powerful androids who had wreaked havoc on the Earth for nearly two decades.

            “So after Piccolo was killed, the Dragon Balls just… ceased to exist,” Bulma explained, her eyes downcast and filled with painful memories.  She looked up at her son and smiled as she patted her on the shoulder.  “Trunks destroyed 17 and 18 about four years ago, and we’ve been doing what we can to help rebuild the all of the damage they caused.  Everything was going fine until Cell showed up last year and managed to do quite a bit more damage before Trunks managed to kill him, too.”

            “That’s awful,” Zellis said, feeling pity for the people of Earth.  “If only we’d have known about this on Galdria,” she said, shaking her head.  “We would have done everything in our power to help you.”  She looked over her shoulder to where Miura stood, arms crossed and staring out the window.  “Miura?”

            The Galdrian heir turned around and walked to where his companions were seated.  “So we’ve wasted our time here,” he said softly, a distant look in his eyes.

            “I’m sorry, Miura,” Rika said apologetically.  “I had no idea that the Dragon Balls had been destroyed, I swear.”  She sighed and scratched her head nervously.  “It’s my fault.”

            Miura could have kicked himself for being so thoughtless.  “It’s not your fault, Rika.  You couldn’t have known.”  He pulled a chair over and sat, resting his face in his hands.  “Besides, if we hadn’t come here, Mylember would have attacked us on Galdria, which would have been a disaster.  We’ve barely recovered from the damage done by Galian, and I don’t think the people could have handled another violent battle.”

            Zellis stiffened slightly, reminded suddenly of her terrible nightmare.  She had seen Galdria burning, heard the cries of sorrow…  ‘YOUR WORLD WILL BE A LIFELESS ROCK BEFORE MY LUST FOR DESTRUCTION IS FULFILLED,’ the terrible voice had said.  She trembled and wrapped her arms around herself.  It was just a dream…

            “There may still be a way,” Bulma said finally, worry marring her beautiful features.  Trunks looked surprised by this, and he gazed at his mother intently.  “Trunks, you have to forgive me for not telling you sooner,” she said, taking her only son’s hand.  “But you had so much else to deal with until now, and I didn’t want to add any more to your burden.”  Tears filled her eyes as she looked away.

            “Tell us, Mother,” Trunks prompted, his eyes glowing with the faint light of hope, a glow that was mirrored in Miura’s own purple eyes.  “Is there another way to bring them back?”

            “Planet Namek,” Bulma answered.  She stared her son in the eyes, once again surprised by how similar they were to her own.  “You have to go to planet Namek.”

            Suddenly Trunks understood.  “Oh my God!” he gasped, running a hand through his long hair.  “How could I have forgotten,” he asked himself, sitting down in an unoccupied chair.  “Gohan told me about the battle against Frieza, from when he was a kid…”  Trunks looked at Miura, his face alive with hope.  “Miura,” he said, his voice filled with excitement.  “There’s another set of Dragon Balls on Namek!”

            “But wait,” Hanzo interrupted.  “If there is a set of these balls on Namek, why didn’t Clef ever mention them?”  He shook his head and smiled grimly.  “Was that dog holding out on us, or what?”

            “He may not have even known about them,” Bulma answered.  “After the conflict with Frieza, the Namekians decided to keep the Dragon Balls secret, even from their own kind.  Only the elders of the seven largest villages know about the balls, and they’ve been sworn to secrecy ever since they relocated to their new planet, after the battle with Frieza.  And there’s more,” she said, her eyes alight with old memories.  “The Namekian balls actually give you three wishes!  Not just one like the old set here on Earth!”

            “But will they let us use them?” Miura asked, unwilling to get his hopes up again.  “Or would they see us as a threat, like Frieza was?” 

            “I’ll bet that if you mention my name,” Bulma said, “then they’d be more than willing to help you.”  She smiled to herself as old memories came back to her.  “They actually lived here with me for a while, you know.  Besides, if you take Trunks with you, they’ll definitely see the resemblance.”

            Miura was silent as he and Trunks stared at one another, as if trying to read each others thoughts.  “Well?” the half-Galdrian finally asked.  “What do you think, Trunks?” 

            “I think we should leave as soon as possible,” Trunks replied almost instantly.  “It’s too good a chance to pass up.  Besides,” he said with a smile.  “Even if they don’t let us use the balls, I’ve always wanted to see Namek!”

            “Wait,” Rika spoke up.  “What about this Mylember guy?  Aren’t you worried that he may follow us there?”  She stood up and began pacing the room, hands on her hips.  “Or what if he attacks here while we’re gone, huh?  What then?”

            “I don’t think it will be a problem,” Hanzo said.  “Between all of us, I’m sure we can handle that Hevan bastard.  And as far as the Earth is concerned, I’d highly doubt it.  That lunatic has a one track mind, and he’s determined to kill Miura.  He’ll follow us to Namek.”  He flashed a cocky grin at Rika.  “You’re pretty little planet will be just fine, I’m sure.”

________________________________________________________________________

 

Elysia was filled with relief.

 

            It had been almost a month since Miura and the others had departed for Earth, and now, finally, Miura was sending her a transmission.  As her fiancée's face appeared on the large holographic view screen, she smiled warmly.

            “Well it’s about time,” she teased, relieved to finally be hearing from her future husband.  “Have you found the Dragon Balls yet?”

            Miura took his time explaining the current situation to the Galdrian princess, who listened without interruption.  She looked worried when Miura mentioned traveling to yet another world, but she kept any comments to herself until he had finished.

            “So I’m afraid I’ll be gone longer than I’d intended,” Miura finished, his eyes filled with longing for his beautiful princess.  “I promise that I’ll be back as soon as possible.”

            “I know, Arius,” Elysia replied, trying her hardest to give her lover a smile.  “Just be careful, okay?”

            “I wouldn’t worry about me,” he responded with a laugh.  “Hanzo won’t let anything happen to me, and Trunks is powerful enough to deal with just about anything we encounter.”  His expression changed to one of sadness as he said, “I can’t wait until this is finished.  I want to be home with you so badly…”

            “I know,” she replied, blushing slightly.  “But I’ll be here waiting.  And besides, maybe by the time you get back our palace will be finished.”  And our wedding can finally be held… she thought to herself.

            “I’ll see you soon, Elysia,” Miura said.  “And I’ll try and send you another transmission when we get to Namek.”  With that, the long distance contact was terminated, and Elysia was left alone in the dark emptiness of the imperial communications chamber, and the loneliness of her own thoughts.

________________________________________________________________________

 

The preparations were complete.

 

            Miura, Hanzo, Zellis, and Rika waited inside their new ship, a Capsule Corporation model complete with an artificial gravity machine, as Trunks and his mother shared a few last moments together.

            “Trunks,” Bulma said softly as she embraced her only son.  “Remember, the Namekian Dragon Balls aren’t the same as Earth’s were.”  Seeing the look of confusion on her child’s face, Bulma explained.  “The conditions of their use are different, though it’s been so long that I can’t remember the particulars.  And the wishes must be made in the Namekian language, so make sure you find a translator, okay?”  Her eyes filled with tears as Trunks nodded, holding tightly to his mother’s hand.

            “I’ll be back soon, Mother,” the half-Saiyan said with a smile so similar to his deceased father’s that it made Bulma’s heart ache.  As if sensing Bulma’s pain, Trunks’s expression became serious.  “And I’ll bring Father back with me, you’ll see.”

            “Just don’t get your hopes up too much,” Bulma said, hugging her son one last time before he boarded the round, white and black space craft.  As the ship took off, Bulma was overwhelmed by a feeling of deja vu.  He’s leaving me again, she thought, remembering Trunks’s last departure, on board an experimental time machine of her own making.  Vegeta, if you can hear me at all, please watch over our son, and see that he returns to me safely…

 

To be continued…



- All material copyright of Pojo.com.
c-1999-2007

This site is not associated with Cartoon Network or TOEI Entertainment.
Dragonball Z  is a registered trademark of TOEI Animation CO., LTD.