Yu-Gi-Oh! Apprentice Help
Ok, step one is to get
Apprentice. Go to http://www.dragonstudios.com/apprentice/appr146.exe
to get it.
Download it, and then install it by clicking on the
Next, you need to get the patch.
Then, open and unzip the Patch. Then go to your Start
button/Program/Windows Explorer. Make sure you're in the
section that has "(C:)". Then, go to Unzipped, and
double-click on it.
When you open it up, highlight EVERY file in it. Then,
copy it. Then go back up to your "(C:)"
directory and find the file "Apprentice". Open
it. Then paste everything once in there, and once in
There are many terms in
Apprentice that are meant for Magic: The Gathering. I'll
define the most important ones for you:
1. Library = Deck
2. Graveyard = Where discarded cards go.
3. Hand = Hand (duh!)
4. Removed from Game = Cards removed from game.
Here are the basics for
playing a game, these are also the same basics I use when
playing a game online with someone:
1. First go to File and
scroll down to "Deck Editor" click on this.
2. It will show two columns, one that has all the cards,
and one for your deck.
3. To add a card to your deck click on it and click the
add button. (Remember 40+ cards per deck and 15 Side Deck
cards!) You can
even type in the name of your deck.
4. After you're down with creating it, click on the red
disk icon to save your deck.
5. Now that you have your deck, I'll talk about the other
1. There are two ways to
play "Solitaire" or "Connect via the
Internet". Solitaire is to play by yourself and to
get a feel for the program. Connect via the Internet is to
play against someone on the net. Who knows? You could be
playing someone halfway across the world!
2. Go to file and select new game.
3. Your deck will be shown as well as a bunch of options.
Where it says starting life change it from 20 to 8000. You
don't really need this. On "starting hand" set
the number to 5.
4. When you start playing you will have 5 cards
automatically drawn for you. To play a card Face Down,
hold SHIFT while playing it. It's also recommended that
you go to Action/Create Card, and creature cards MONSTERS
and M/T for your Monsters and Magic/Trap Card rows.
5. After each player's turn you must right click on the
table and select the option "End your turn".
This will end your turn and give the other player control.
At the bottom of the screen it shows who's turn it is.
6. Oh yeah! I forgot to mention. You probably noticed the
chat box at the bottom. Here you can chat with your
opponent and view what is happening in the game. WHAT IS
THAT!? Your name is SCRUB??? Well, don't worry you can
change this, LOL. At the top go to "Options" and
then select "Set Name", here you can type your
Now I'm going to describe
some of the controls:
1. To flip a coin just
press CONTROL + F.
2. If you play Card Destruction for example and you want to
discard your hand, go to the top and find actions, and
select "hand" then select "move hand to
graveyard" and you will discard your hand!
3. If you take damage, go to the Big Red Heart, and enter
your new amount of life points.
4. When you play need to discard a card, simply right click on the card
you want to discard, and select "bury" and you
will discard it. If you use Monster Reborn and want a card
back from your Discard pile (Graveyard) select the
Graveyard icon and drag the card from the Graveyard to
your hand. To remove from game, right click and select
Remove From Game.
Last but not least.......
HOW DO U PLAY ON THE INTERNET??!?!?!?
CALM DOWN!!! Here's how:
1. Go to "File".
2. Select "New Game.
3. Make sure you have your deck and instead of checking
off "Solitaire" check off the circle next to
"Connect via the Internet".
4. A pop-up box will appear and it will ask for your
opponent's IP number. On the bottom of the box is your IP
number, if you want to play against someone just ask them
their IP number and type it in. Then click "ok".
The person who is getting called by YOU checks off
"Waiting for call" and clicks "ok".
You should be playing in no time!!! Enjoy!!
Thanks to Brian W. for most