24: By Popular Demand
Edit 1: Hey, I was good at these for a while
My answer here isn’t really the best answer. As such, a reader supplies the answer here. Here is the answer from Minyu Zhou (18/7/5: Memorize the name. You'll be seeing it frequently). Not many people get into it this much, but this is very entertaining (18/7/5: though some of the ruling explanations on the judge list are spectacular. See Pole Position).
1. Flip one Magician of Faith to move Back to Square One from your graveyard to your hand.
2. Equip Gravity - Axe Grarl to Mataza. Its ATK rises to 1800.
3. Play Back to Square One. Toss out Sasuke Samurai from your hand, and return Jinzo to the top of your deck.
4. With Jinzo out of the way, flip Compulsory Evacuation Device to return Giant Orc to your opponent's hand.
5. Play Monster Gate. Sacrifice your face-up Magician of Faith to summon Jinzo.
6. Flip over the second Magician of Faith to move Monster Gate back to your hand.
7. Summon Berserk Gorilla in face up-ATK mode.
8. Play Creature Swap. Give your opponent Magician of Faith. Your opponent will give you his weakest (and only) monster, which is Homunculus the Alchemic Being.
9. Just for the hell of it, and just because you can, use its effect and declare Wind.
10. Play Monster Gate and sacrifice Homunculus as a cost.
11. Chain with Serial Spell and toss out your hand (which was only Sacred Crane and Monster Reincarnation). Serial Spell only duplicates the effect, not the cost, so for the price of one Homunculus, you get to summon the remaining two monsters (and cards) from your deck. Very good for teasing your opponent. You have to win this turn, and you WILL win this turn. Whew, good thing they don't have a Waboku or Kuriboh ready to foil your plans. You will summon Guardian Grarl (legal because the axe is already on the field) and Command Knight.
12. Now, from those two Gates, you have the following monsters on the field: Jinzo, Command Knight, Mataza the Zapper, Berserk Gorilla, and Guardian Grarl. In other words, your field is chock full of monsters. Your opponent only has your Magician of Faith in ATK mode on the field.
13. All your monsters are hungry to attack, so let's begin the fun part, shall we? Attack MoF with Command Knight. By its effect, its ATK is 1600, so your opponent loses 1300 LP (11,000 LP).
14. Attack your opponent's LP directly with Jinzo. Your opponent loses 2400 LP (8600 LP left).
15. Attack your opponent's LP directly with Mataza. Thanks to Command's effect and Gravity Axe, its ATK is now 2200. So your opponent's LP becomes 6400.
16. Mataza can attack twice, so do so. Your opponent loses another 2200 LP (4200 LP).
17. Now it's Guardian Grarl's turn to have fun. Have him attack your opponent directly, dealing 2500 damage (1700 LP left).
18. At long last, it's your Gorilla's turn. They call him Berserk Gorilla for a reason. P*ssed off as hell for having waited so long, he unleashes all his fury (and anger management issues) on your opponent, dealing another 2000 damage to win (-300 LP).
Final Result: You - 100; Him - (-300)
Win the Game in One Turn:
This should be reasonably straightforward. Once you work out what you have to do, you see there is only one card that can do it. Unless of course there is a way of doing this I haven’t seen yet, which would be a shame because I didn’t really make this one that hard. If you see Berserk Gorilla and Gravekeeper’s, what do you think?
Field: (the upper part of the screen are your
Don Zaloog (face-up
Legendary Jujitsu Master (face-up
Battle Ox (face-up ATK)
Gorilla (face-up ATK)
Spy (face-down DEF)
Witch of the
Black Forest (face-down DEF)
Divine Wrath (face-down)
Monster Reincarnation, Back to Square One, Double Spell, Zaborg the Thunder Monarch, Gravekeeper’s Assailant, Necrovalley, Gravekeeper’s Cannonholder
Your Life Points:
Your Deck Contains
the Following Cards That You Can Obtain:
Gravekeeper’s Curse, Gravekeeper’s Spear Soldier
Your Graveyard Contains:
Gravekeeper’s Chief, Ghost Knight of Jackal
Blessings of the Nile, Cost Down
If for any reason there is a choice that you have
no control over, I expect ALL possible choices to work!
Your opponent will activate Don Zaloog’s first effect when able if
you have a card in your hand.
Otherwise, he will activate the second effect.
Otherwise, he will activate the second effect.
You start during your Main Phase 1 having done nothing this turn.
Ten minutes ago, I found what was horribly wrong
with #22. In my hurried rush to save the puzzle (Ghost Knight Special Summons to
Defense Position damn it all) I found that there is not one card in Yu-Gi-Oh to
simply change the battle position of one face-up monster on your side of the
field. There are tons for everything else, but not that. I wonder why. Seems an
obvious card. Must be a good reason…
18/7/5: Thanks to all of you that pointed out there are a few. Sadly, the only one I ever remember is Bite Shoes (no wonder I couldn't find one).
Also, today I have a guest
contributor (for good this time). People send me puzzles and BOG-US cards all of
the time, but recently the first very good BOG-US card contribution came
through. Joe Mello presents Heart of the Cards. I hope you like it.
|Back to Square One||RDS-EN044||Normal||SPELL||Common||47453433||Discard 1 card from your hand. Return 1 monster on the field to the top of the owner's Deck.|
|Berserk Gorilla||IOC-013||Beast||Effect||EARTH||4||2000||1000||Rare||39168895||If this card is in face-up Defense Position on the field, destroy this card. The controller of this card must attack with this card when possible.|
|Blessings of the Nile||AST-090||Continuous||SPELL||Common||30653113||Each time card(s) are discarded from your hand to the Graveyard by the effect of a card controlled by your opponent, increase your Life Points by 1000 points.|
|Cost Down||DCR-053||Normal||SPELL||Ultra Rare||23265313||Discard 1 card from your hand . Downgrade all Monster Cards in your hand by 2 Levels until the End Phase of the turn this card is activated.|
|Divine Wrath||RDS-EN050||Counter||TRAP||Super Rare||49010598||Discard 1 card from your hand. Negate the activate and the effect of an Effect Monster and destroy the monster.|
|Don Zaloog||PGD-029||Warrior||Effect||DARK||4||1400||1500||Ultra Rare||26922024||When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, you can select and activate 1 of the following effects: - Select 1 card from your opponent's hand randomly and discard it to the Graveyard; - Send 2 cards from the top of your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard.|
|Double Spell||MFC-106||Normal||SPELL||Ultra Rare||24096228||Discard 1 Spell Card from your hand. Select 1 Spell Card from your opponent's Graveyard and activate it from the Graveyard as your Spell Card.|
|Enraged Battle Ox||IOC-070||Beast-Warrior||Effect||EARTH||4||1700||1000||Rare||76909279||As long as this card remains face-up on your side of the field, when Beast, Beast-Warrior and Winged Beast-Type monsters on your side of the field attacks with an ATK that is higher than the DEF of your opponent's Defense Position monster, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points.|
|Ghost Knight of Jackal||AST-071||Beast-Warrior||Effect||EARTH||5||1700||1600||Ultra Rare||13386503||You can Special Summon an opponent's monster that is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard by this monster as a result of battle to your side of the field in face-up Defense Position|
|Gravekeeper's Assailant||PGD-067||Spellcaster||Effect||DARK||4||1500||1500||Common||25262697||You can activate this card's effect only when "Necrovalley" is activate on the field. When this card attacks, you can change the battle position of 1 face-up monster on your opponent's side of the field.|
|Gravekeeper's Cannonholder||PGD-066||Spellcaster||Effect||DARK||4||1400||1200||Common||99877698||Offer 1 monster that includes "Gravekeeper's" in its card name on your side of the field as a Tribute to inflict 700 points of Direct Damage to your opponent's Life Points. However, you cannot offer this card or another "Gravekeeper's Cannonholder" with this card's effect. Monsters used from Tribute Summon or that are offered as Tributes due to other cards effects are excluded.|
|Gravekeeper's Chief||PGD-065||Spellcaster||Effect||DARK||5||1900||1200||Super Rare||62473983||You can only have 1 face-up "Gravekeeper's Chief" on your side of the field at any time. As long as this card remains face-up on the field, your Graveyard is not affected by "Necrovalley". When you Tribute Summon this monster, you can Special Summon 1 monster that includes "Gravekeeper's" in its name from your Graveyard.|
|Gravekeeper's Curse||PGD-060||Spellcaster||Effect||DARK||3||800||800||Common||50712728||When this monster is Normal Summoned, Flip Summoned, or Special Summoned, inflict 500 points of Direct Damage to your opponent's Life Points.|
|Gravekeeper's Spear Soldier||PGD-062||Spellcaster||Effect||DARK||4||1500||1000||Common||63695531||When this card attacks with an ATK that is higher than the DEF of your opponent's Defense Position monster, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points.|
|Gravekeeper's Spy||PGD-059||Spellcaster||Effect||DARK||4||1200||2000||Common||24317029||FLIP: Select 1 monster that includes "Gravekeeper's" in its card name with an ATK of 1500 or less from your Deck and Special Summon it in face-up Attack or Defense Position. The Deck is then shuffled.|
|Heart of the Cards||BOG-US012||Quick||SPELL||Episodically Rare||11211331||This card's effect cannot be negated by any other card. You can only activate this card when your have less Life Points than your opponent. Your opponent must laugh maniacally, thinking that you have no chance at winning and that this puny card will do nothing. Search your Deck for one card and play it free of cost or activation requirements. Then, you may choose and do one of the following: - Laugh in your opponent's face; - Give a speech about how you knew you would win because you had faith and your opponent did not (the time limit for this game is extended by 5 minutes).|
|Legendary Jujitsu Master||AST-017||Rock||Effect||EARTH||3||1300||1800||Common||25773409||A monster that battle with this Defense Position card is returned to the top of the owner's Deck at the end of the Damage Step.|
|Monster Reincarnation||RDS-EN045||Normal||SPELL||Super Rare||74848038||Discard 1 card from your hand. Add 1 Monster Card from your Graveyard to your hand.|
|Necrovalley||PGD-084||Field||SPELL||Super Rare||47355498||As long as this card remains face-up on the field, all effects of Magic, Trap, and/or Effect Monster Cards that involve Graveyards are negated and neither player can remove cards in the Graveyards from play. In addition, increase the ATK and DEF of all monsters that include "Gravekeeper's" in their card name by 500 points.|
|Ultimate Offering||SDK-050||Continuous||TRAP||Common||80604091||At the cost of 500 Life Points per monster, a player is allowed an extra Normal Summon or Set.|
|Witch of the Black Forest||MRD-116||Spellcaster||Effect||DARK||4||1100||1200||Rare||78010363||(Edited) When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, select 1 monster with a DEF of 1500 or less from your Deck, show it to your opponent, and add it to your hand. Then shuffle your Deck.|
|Zaborg the Thunder Monarch||AST-023||Thunder||Effect||LIGHT||5||2400||1000||Super Rare||51945556||When this card is Tribute Summoned successfully, destroy 1 monster on the field.|