How to Build a Great Deck - Derek Semeraro
audience is Novice to Intermediate. This will teach
the reader how to build good decks.
1) Pick a theme a stick with it.
I guarantee you that an Elemental Hero / Neospacian
Crystal Beast / Six Samurai / Archfiend deck will
Pick one idea and try to support it.
2) Remember all of things your deck needs.
Speed. Defense. Offense. Synergy. Card Advantage.
3) Try and find good combos to add into your deck.
Marauding Captain / Sacred Crane combo works great
Crystal Beast deck. Although, it's not a Crystal
it is a good combo. Dig through your card box and
try to find
some killer combos. But the combo shouldn't only
work with itself.
It should work with other cards in your deck.
4) Find a good ratio of monster, magic, and trap
cards to use.
In most decks, 20/12/8 works well. But it depends on
Destiny Hero decks use more magic cards and hand
decks use much more trap cards. Keep your deck under
cards in most cases.
5) Check the forbidden and limited list to make sure
is legal to play.
6) Don't exclude a card for personal reasons such as
people not using it, or the card doesn't look nice,
it's not shiny. If the card works in the deck, use
it by all means.
For example, Guardian Sphinx is not a popular card,
I use it in my Monarch deck because it helps. It is
to the activation of Pulling the Rug and it's a
7) If a card only works less than half of the duels
you draw it,
it is not worth it. Beware of costly cards. Like
Reckless Summon. The first game, it might cause your
to flourish. The next few games, it might just sit
in your hand.
Cards like that are not good. You need a card that
work for you. Otherwise, it is not worthy. In an
every card counts.
8) Look at what the champs use, so you can get an
idea of what
you are up against. And it will give you ideas for
Don't copy them, though!
9) There is no such thing as a staple!
10) Trial and error works. Check on every single
See what it did for you. If it did little for you,
then take it out.
Email - Newlightink@Aol.com
AIM - Newlightink