Subject: killer deck - Ultra-Hay v1.1 by Ben P-M
From: "Ben Peebles-Mundy" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 00:14:38 -0400

Ultra-Hay v1.1 (Haymaker)
by Ben P-M
The Gamekeeper
Chestnut Hill, Mass

Hey Pojo. I've been playing my Ultra-Hay deck latley, and it seems that
Haymaker made an impressive showing this weekend at the STS, so maybe
this will be helpful to all those that played Hay, and lost. The key is
to KO your opponent's quickly (duh), and even if it means using three
Oaks and four Bills in one turn, just to get that fourth PlusPower. This
deck is almost the same as many other Haymakers, but it's the first I've
seen to use Rainbow Energy to power Scyther's Swords Dance.

The Deck:

                 Pokemon:
                   4x Hitmonchan
                   4x Electabuzz    Trainers:
                   4x Scyther         4x Bill
                                      4x Prof. Oak
                 Energy:              4x Gust of Wind
                   11x Fighting       4x PlusPower
                   9x   Electric      4x Energy Removal
                   4x   DCE
                   4x   Rainbow

      This was at a Pokémon League event held on a Saturday. It was
 mostly little kids, but a newbie showed up with an impressive Scyther
 deck. Every game I played with the Haymaker was a win, tho that's not
 too much, considering that lots of the little kids like to start with
 a sole Base Pika (1 Jab - Dead). However, the Scyther deck put up a
 great fight. The deck revolved around Scyther and Tauros. I'd go
 through the hassle of killing all but one of the Scythers, and he'd
 Garbage Run to put them all back into his deck. It came down to a
 final duel, myself with, of all the Pokémon that I could get, a
 Hitmonchan, and he with a final Scyther. He had one prize left, and I
 had two. I Special Punched for all of 10 points of damage; Scyther had
 only 20 damage left to go. He Billed and Oaked through almost his
 entire deck, but could only come up with 3 PlusPowers, and Slashed for
 60. I drew my card, an Oak. I looked through my discard pile, and
 found that I had only used 3 PlusPowers. I Oaked, then double-billed,
 and the last card that I pulled was a PlusPower! I attached it, and
 won by the skin of my teeth (it would have been two more turns before
 an Electabuzz showed up). That final victory finished the box for
 Volcano season, and got me my last Promo Eevee. I noticed that when
 the person with the Scyther deck was picked up, a bunch of friends
 signed up for the league, and displayed their nifty raindance decks.
 maybe I'll finally build that Hay-fever/Electabuzz deck...

 Ben P-M
 [email-masked]