Pie's Trading Card Game Situations -Issue
- Have you ever started a game and gone second? Then have the
luck to be attacked and paralyzed, then attacked the next turn!?
If you are of little luck, like me, this has probably happened to
you on a number of occasions. Sometimes it is even inevitable. If
luck isn't on your side today then you have to depend on something
else..... Pokemon Tag!
What is it?
- Many people may call it different things or may not even have
a name for it. Pokemon Tag is as follows.....
- Whenever you are ambushed in the beginning of the game (can
be useful other times) and you active is on the verge of
destruction do the following..
- Sacrifice your
- putting energy on it will only cost you more!
- "Scoop Up" should not be used at this point of the
game ( Note: See When to Use Scoop Up Below)
- Find Pokemon----Build up
Bench, for Position
- This will give you a clear advantage in the coming
- You will have (or should have) a Pokemon coming off
the bench and attacking the defending Pokemon so as that
it will KO the opponent quickly, with minimal damage
- i.e. Magmar coming of the bench attacking first
against a Machop
- Energy Remove/Super Energy
Remove the Defending Pokemon
- This will prohibit your opponent from building up
his/her own bench
- Thus, giving you even more position
What could have happened?
- If you hadn't sacrificed your Pokemon, it might not have been
able to incur much damage to the opponent. If you Concentrated too
much ,if it is Ko'd you might be left with....
- No Bench
- Energyless Bench
- You might end up bone dry in trainer resources in the mid and
end game. Something which you definitely do not want.
When to use Scoop Up
- Only use Scoop Up when it pops into your hand, i.e. don't Oak
or Computer Search for it if you have a halfway decent hand.
Experience helps make these decisions for you.
It's your decision
- You have to experiment with yourself and your deck(s). Some
decks have tendencies to be long lasting while others are spur of
the moment. If you have a long lasting deck with good "Quality"
(See my Quantity-Quality Section in February TCG Strategies) you
can get away with early sacrifices. If you don't, then you can
always refuge to "Pokemon Tag"
- Remember, "Pokemon Tag" is used by many "Top of The World
Trainers" and is a game winning strategy
- When Active is dying sacrifice for
- Gain and Build Up Bench in the
- It is your choice and assumptions to play 1 energy on each
Pokemon or building up each Pokemon to their strongest attack
separately (i.e. 2 on Venomoth, 3 on Scyther, 3 on Base
- It helps to have low energy cost attacks when you don't
have a lot of time which is most often the case (Haymaker-type
Pokemon are more capable at this then others.
- Energy Remove/Super Energy Remove
- Play Tag!
- For Example your Electabuzz has "fainted". Bring out
another Pokemon to Knock Out the Defending Pokemon. Have that
Pokemon do as much damage as it can to the next , once it is
"tagged" KO the next and the next and the next, and so on and
so on... Basically a game of tag, and if you follow these rules
you can get ahead in prizes in no time.
- In Closing
- Just because you're letting your opponent get a prize
does not mean you are ushering him/her a win. You should
- More Pokemon on the table
- More Energy (- Very Important)
- A Reservoir of trainers...
You will win if you exploit these advantages!!
Thanks!, Your Poke Expert
Catch me on Gooey and look for "Pie"
Confusion? Disagreement? Contact Theepie@hotmail.com