|Pojo's Yu-Gi-Oh! news, tips, strategies and more!|
Card Game Spoilers Video Games Board Games Other
Card Game Spoilers Video Games
Pojo's Yu-Gi-Oh News
ANAHEIM BECOMES CENTERSTAGE FOR A DUELING SHOWDOWN AS THE Yu-Gi-Oh! CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES ROARS INTO TOWN APRIL 9TH – 10TH
EL SEGUNDO, CA (March 28, 2011) – Thousands of Duelists will converge in Anaheim, California hopeful that their months of preparation will result in an epic win as they participate in the unrivaled Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series (YCS). Konami Digital Entertainment’s (Konami) premier-level Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME (TCG) event will be held at the Anaheim Convention Center April 9th – April 10th.
During its first West Coast stop this season, the YCS will be filled with experienced and budding Duelists vying for the elusive championship. Armed with powerful cards and revamped strategies, each Duelist will play-to-win, striving to be victorious in every round during the course of the two-day tournament.
Pre-registration for YCS Anaheim will run from 1:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. April 8th and resume promptly at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday, April 9th. Round One will begin at 10:00 a.m. The Top 16 YCS finishers, along with the top Duelists of the weekend’s Regional Qualifiers, earn invitations to participate in their respective 2011 World Championship Qualifier events, to be held later in the year. Duelists, upon paying their registration fee, will receive five of the sold-out Storm of Ragnarok booster packs just for participating in Konami’s Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series.
Anaheim Convention Center
800 Katella Avenue
Anaheim, CA 92802
In addition to the main event, Konami will be offering a full range of Public Events such as Regional Qualifiers, Tin Challenges, ATTACK OF THE GIANT CARD!!, Win-A-Mat, Dragon Duels, and a tournament for the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s World Championship 2010 Reverse of Arcadia video game. The top Duelist in the video game tournament will win ten booster packs. Top finishers in the Dragon Duel events (for Duelists age 12 and under) will win a YCS Game Mat, an invitation to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier and Dragon Duel t-shirt!
Konami will award a set of the YCS prize cards to the main event winner, the two runners-up, and the winners of Sunday’s two Public Events playoffs. Each of these Duelists will receive one copy of each of the three YCS prize cards: Ultra Rare versions for the winner of the main event, and Super Rare copies for the others.
• 1st place – Set of Ultra Rare YCS Prize Cards; Trophy; Paid travel to their World Championship Qualifier (if underage, then winner and guardian) or a local-market YCS (flight and accommodations) if the Duelist has already won an earlier YCS in the current year; YCS Game Mat; Netbook plus 500 BoosterPass Points for Yu-Gi-Oh! Online Duel Accelerator; an interview with SHONEN JUMP; and an invite to their country’s 2011 World Championship Qualifier
• 2nd place – Set of Super Rare YCS Prize Cards; tablet PC Wi-Fi 32 GB; list of Konami game codes to be used on the tablet PC; YCS Game Mat; and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
• 3rd place – Set of Super Rare YCS Prize Cards; 32GB touch-screen MP3 player; Konami game codes to be used on the touch-screen MP3 player; YCS Game Mat; and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
• 4th place –32GB touch-screen MP3 player; Konami game codes to be used on the touch-screen MP3 player; YCS Game Mat; and an invite to their 2011World Championship Qualifier.
• 5th – 8th place – DSi XL with Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s World Championship 2010 Reverse of Arcadia; YCS Game Mat and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
9th – 16th
place – 24 booster packs of Storm of Ragnarok;
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s World Championship 2010 Reverse of Arcadia;
YCS Game Mat; and an invite to their 2011 World Championship
If attendance exceeds 513 Duelists:
● 17th – 32nd place – YCS Game Mat and an invite to their 2011 World
Duelists unable to participate in YCS Anaheim can check out live online coverage of the event provided by Konami staff at www.yugioh-card.com/en/events.
Copyrightę 1998-2010 pojo.com
This site is not sponsored, endorsed, or otherwise affiliated with any of the companies or products featured on this site. This is not an Official Site.