18: Big Boy’s Battle
Edit 1: Complete Rehash. Enjoy!
I must apologise to those of you who I told had the correct answer. Some of you didn’t. If you activated A Deal with Dark Ruler in response to a Dark Magician of Chaos being destroyed, you couldn’t do it as the DmoC wasn’t sent to the Graveyard. A little thing, but important.
1. Activate Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy Snatch Steal, returning Zaborg the Thunder Monarch to your control.
2. Flip Summon Des Feral Imp. Use its effect to return Penumbral Soldier Lady to the bottom of your Deck.
3. Tribute Summon Dark Magician of Chaos by offering Zaborg the Thunder Monarch and Witch of the Black Forest as Tributes. Use its effect to return A Deal with Dark Ruler to your hand.
4. Use Witch’s effect to add Penumbral Soldier Lady to your hand.
5. Remove Double Coston and Zaborg the Thunder Monarch from your Graveyard from play to Special Summon (*deep breath*) Black Luster Soldier – Envoy of the Beginning.
6. Tribute Summon Penumbral Soldier Lady by paying 500 Life Points for the effect of Ultimate Offering and by offering Dark Magician of Chaos as a Tribute (removing it from play) (your LP now 2100).
7. Activate Double Spell by discarding A Deal with Dark Ruler to activate Dimension Fusion and paying 2000 Life Points and Special Summon Dark Magician of Chaos and Zaborg the Thunder Monarch (your LP now 100).
8. Use Dark Magician of Chaos’s effect to return A Deal with Dark Ruler to your hand.
9. Enter Battle Phase. Have Black Luster Soldier – Envoy of the Beginning attack a Blue-Eyes White Dragon. Both are destroyed.
10. At a point convenient to you, activate A Deal with Dark Ruler as Black Luster Soldier was sent to the Graveyard this turn, to Special Summon Berserk Dragon.
11. Have Berserk Dragon attack all three monsters on your opponent’s side of the field to do 500 + 500 + 2300 = 3300 damage (their LP now 8700).
12. Attack with all of your others directly to do 2800 + 2400 + 1600 + 2100 = 8900 damage.
Final Result: Him - (-200), You – 100
Also, for once and alternate answer was actually quite good. It is, in shorthand:
1. Flip Des Feral Imp to put Prenumbral into your deck.
2. Remove D. D. and Double Coston from play to summon BLS-EotB.
3. Tribute BLS and Witch for DmoC. Use effects to get A Deal with Dark Ruler and Prenumbral to hand.
4. Activate A Deal with Dark Ruler to summon Berserk Dragon.
5. Double Spell to Monster Reborn BLS by discarding MST.
6. Use Ultimate Offering and tribute Des Feral Imp to summon Prenumbral.
7. Attack everything with Berserk Dragon, then attack directly with your other monsters.
Final Result: Him - (-800), You – 2100
Problem - Win the Game in One Turn:
I’ve done it! I’ve made a puzzle without Ultimate Offering! It only took 18 to manage it. And I think this one should keep a few of you annoyed for quite sometime. We shall see. However, I will admit the likelihood of this situation ever occurring are nil. The field is covered in really really big things.
Also, in this puzzle you start by resolving Exchange. Your first step MUST be top choose a card from your opponent’s hand and add it to your own. In this first step, YOUR OPPONENT CHOSE Black Pendant. YOU MAY NOT choose Black Pendant initially as it came from your hand. Remember that if Black Pendant goes to a Graveyard, it goes to yours.
Field: (the upper part of the screen are your
Archfiend (face-up ATK)
Skull Archfiend of Lightning (face-up ATK)
Faith (face-down DEF)
Different Dimension Gate, Falling Down, Soul Release, King of the Swamp, Polymerization
You Opponent’s Hand:
Summoned Skull, Luster Dragon (#1), Premature Burial, Dimension Fusion, Black Pendant (owned by you)
Your Life Points:
Your Graveyard Contains No Cards.
Your Opponent’s Graveyard Contains No Cards
You start during your Main Phase 1 having done nothing this turn, except activate Exchange.
Your Fusion Deck
The Following Cards
Have Been Removed From Play on Your Opponent’s Side of the Field:
Invader of Darkness, Ryu Kokki
You may not activate Exchange a second time unless
you only have one other card in your hand, which goes to your opponent’s hand.
Your opponent will summon all monsters removed from
play possible when Dimension Fusion is activated in Attack Position, giving
priority to those with the highest ATK.
Assume that if you target any Archfiend Monster
with the “dice rolling” effect, your card will be negated and destroyed. In
other words, you cannot target any Archfiend monsters on your opponent’s side
of the field.
Enjoy! Initial results indicate this one is easy.
|Black Pendant||MRL-003||Equip||SPELL||Super Rare||95169794||A monster equipped with this card increases its ATK by 500 points. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, inflict 500 points of Direct Damage to your opponent's Life Points.|
|Buster Blader||PSV-050||Warrior||Effect||EARTH||7||2600||2300||Ultra Rare||78193831||The ATK of this card increases by 500 points for every Dragon-Type monster on your opponent's side of the field and Graveyard.|
|Dark Paladin||MFC-105||Spellcaster||Fusion/Effect||DARK||8||2900||2400||Ultra Rare||98502113||Dark Magician + Buster Blader This monster can only be Special Summoned by a Fusion Summon. As long as this card remains face-up on the field, you can negate the activation of 1 Spell Card and destroy the Spell Card by discarding 1 card from your hand. The ATK of this card increase by 500 points for every Dragon-Type monster on the field and in either player's Graveyard.|
|Different Dimension Gate||DCR-044||Continuous||SPELL||Rare||56460688||Select 1 Monster Card each from you and your opponent's sides of the field and remove them from play. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, return those monsters to the field in the same battle position as when they were removed from play.|
|Dimension Fusion||IOC-094||Normal||SPELL||Ultra Rare||23557835||Pay 2000 Life Points. Both players Special Summon as many of their monsters as possible that have been removed from play.|
|Exchange||EDS-001||Normal||TRAP||Secret Rare||05556668||(Edited) Both players show their hands to each other and select 1 card from each other's hand. Add the selected card to your hand and you can use it in this Duel. (When the cards are sent to the Graveyard, they are sent to the Graveyard of the original owner.)|
|Falling Down||DCR-088||Equip||SPELL||Common||32919136||Destroy this card if there is no face-up Archfiend card on your side of the field. Take control of 1 of your opponent's face-up monsters. Inflict 800 points of damage to your Life Points during each of your opponent's Standby Phases.|
|Invader of Darkness||IOC-111||Fiend||Effect||DARK||8||2900||2500||Secret Rare||56647036||As long as this card remains face-up on the field, your opponent cannot activate Quick-Play Magic cards.|
|King of the Swamp||AST-082||Aqua||Effect||WATER||3||500||1100||Rare||79109599||You can substitute this card for any 1 Fusion-Material Monster. When you do this, the other Fusion-Material Monster(s) must be the correct one(s). Discard this card from your hand to the Graveyard to add a "Polymerisation" Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. The Deck is then shuffled.|
|Luster Dragon||MFC-058||Dragon||WIND||4||1900||1600||Ultra Rare||11091375||A very beautiful dragon covered with sapphire. It does not like fights, but has incredibly high attack power.|
|Magician of Faith||MRD-036||Spellcaster||Effect||LIGHT||1||300||400||Rare||31560081||(Edited) FLIP: Select 1 Spell Card from your Graveyard. Add the selected card to your hand.|
|Pluto, Agent of Oblivion||BOG-US008||Fairy||Effect||LIGHT||4||0||∞||Remarkably Rare||25'5''5'7'2'1'9||This card may not be set nor its position changed by any card's effect. If your opponent attacks this Defense Position monster, you win the game.|
|Polymerization||LOB-059||Normal||SPELL||Super Rare||24094653||(Edited) Send Fusion Material Monsters that are listed on a Fusion Monster Card from your hand or your side of the field to the Graveyard, and Special Summon the Fusion Monster from your Fusion Deck.|
|Premature Burial||PSV-037||Equip||SPELL||Ultra Rare||70828412||Pay 800 Life Points. Select 1 Monster Card from your Graveyard, Special Summon it to the field in face-up Attack Position, and equip it with this card. When this card is destroyed, the monster is also destroyed.|
|Ryu Kokki||IOC-090||Zombie||Effect||DARK||6||2400||2000||Common||57281778||If a monster that battle with this monster is a Warrior or Spellcaster-Type monster, destroy that monster at the end of the Damage Step.|
|Skull Archfiend of Lightning||DCR-073||Fiend||Effect||DARK||6||2500||1200||Ultra Rare||61370518||The controller of this card pays 500 Life Points during each of his/her Standby Phases (this is not optional). When this card is specifically designated as a target of the effect of a card controlled by your opponent, when resolving the effect, roll a six-sided die. If the result is 1, 3, or 6, negate the effect and destroy the opponent's card.|
|Soul Release||MRD-058||Normal||SPELL||Common||5758500||(Edited) Select up to 5 cards from either you or your opponent's Graveyard(s) and remove them from play.|
|Summoned Skull||MRD-003||Fiend||DARK||6||2500||1200||Ultra Rare||70781052||A fiend with dark powers for confusing the enemy. Among the Fiend-Type monsters, this monster boasts considerable force.|
|Terrorking Archfiend||DCR-072||Fiend||Effect||DARK||4||2000||1500||Super Rare||35975813||You cannot Normal Summon or Flip Summon this card unless you have an Archfiend Monster Card on your side of the field. The controller of this card pays 800 Life Points during each of his/her Standby Phases (this is not optional). When this card is specifically designated as a target of the effect of a card controlled by your opponent, when resolving the effect, roll a six-sided die. If the result is 2 or 5, negate the effect and destroy the opponent's card. Also negate the effect of an Effect Monster that is destroyed by this monster in battle.|
All hail Unhinged!